CHIEF FINANCIAL & OPERATIONS OFFICER (M/F)
This position requires a proactive, team-oriented leader who can thrive in a growing and dynamic organization. You will report directly to the Managing Partner (CEO) and you will interact heavily with the Executive Committee, and with the Heads of department of support functions. In your role, you will manage the back and middle office internal operations. You will ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. You will also be responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating overall financial strategy with the CEO and Service Lines Leaders with emphasis on bottom line performance, overheads and other Financial Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”). This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy in a transformation journey.
This is a great and unique opportunity as you will be:
- Responsible for the company’s back and middle office operations (incl. finance, procurement, facilities, building, HR,…)
- Plan, implement, manage and run all the finance activities including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and measuring.
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly/quarterly reporting
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing business and financial strategy supporting by relevant KPIs
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Responsible for establishing internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the business and for their measurement and effectiveness.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating efficiency of the company.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems and processes designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Ensure that company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to meet operational and financial targets.
- Coordinate internal actions by ensuring all operations and related functions are properly performed.
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business
- Anticipate and correct potential problems in advance
- Effectively lead the Finance & Operations team (incl. procurement) by developing and coach existing team and by hiring and retaining top talents
- Manage banks, partners, suppliers, and other financial relationships
- Structure, negotiate, and finalize key purchase agreements
This role is a senior role, hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role.
Holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
At least 15 years of experience in the finance or in the industry sector with a financial controller angle
Proficiency with accounting software, MS office and spreadsheets
Able to gain credibility and respect with Partners and navigate successfully in a fast pace environment where agility is a must
Excellent time-management and organizational skills
Displays a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
Able to engage with People at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgement
Is an inspiring leader with strong influencing skills and a Growth Mindset focus
Problem solver and critical thinker mindset
Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
Is data-driven and eye for detail and quality
Has excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
Is fluent in English. Any other language will be considered as an asset
Our client is a reputable international advisory firm.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will need to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.#DO