Reporting to the Luxembourg general Counsel, the banking Legal Counsel provides first class internal legal advice, guidance and support to the asset management, banking and private banking businesses of our client in Luxembourg. The role holder also ensures that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is managed and the execution of Group business and operational strategies and initiatives are facilitated. Acting as an active contributor to the global legal practice groups where relevant, this legal expert joins a team of 4 Lawyers in Luxembourg and is in charge of the following tasks:
- Advises the asset management, Securities Services and private banking businesses and provides commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice in a cost-effective manner.
- Provides subject matter and legal expertise to the company for the management of legal risks arising in their area of expertise.
- Proactively provides legal support and advises the business promptly on material legal developments and their implications.
- Ensures the Luxembourg General Counsel is fully briefed on major issues arising in relevant business area and major legislative changes in area of expertise.
- Builds and maintains positive and effective relationships with panel law firms and other appropriate external parties.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Holds a law degree.
- Has strong knowledge of Luxembourg law and EU law acquired with either private practice or experience (minimum of 5+ years PQE) within an international group in a securities services/investor services business.
- Has strong securities/investors services experience (TA, custodian, depositary activities, fund administration).
- A background in various areas of corporate banking activities and payment and cash management activities and/or private banking would be a strong advantage.
- Is an experienced and confident practitioner.
- Has up-to-date knowledge in banking and funds law.
- Is able to handle a diverse range of legal and regulatory issues (e.g. general banking, regulatory developments (e.g. AIFMD, UCITS V, MIFID, PSD2, GDPR, etc.).
- Is a self-starter, and independent individual with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Has excellent communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Is a lateral thinking/problem solving person.
- Has stamina and ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Is able to deal with highly confidential and commercially sensitive information with discretion.
- Works closely with other members of the Luxembourg legal team and provides support to the Senior Legal Counsel in charge of the same perimeter.
- Has experience in controlling external legal costs and managing relationships with external legal counsels.
- Is fluent in French and English.
Our client is one of the largest bank in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.
“Legal counsel”, “AIFMD”, “UCITS V”, “MIFID”, “PSD2”, “fund administration”, “DO Recruitment Advisors”, “Advisors”, “Lawyer”, “juriste”, “contract”, “contrat”, “securitities”