SALES MANAGER- BELGIAN MARKET (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting, on behalf of a prestigious life insurance company a Sales Manager to develop the Belgian market.
– Participating in the definition of the commercial strategy of the company on the Belgian market.
– Defining market expectations (partners and customers).
– Monitoring the evolution of the business (types of networks, types of products) and the adequacy between the realized performances and the planned budgets.
– Looking for new solutions to improve the quality of service offered to partners and customers.
– Looking for new distribution channels and partners
– Achieving profitability objectives on new business.
– Achieving portfolio stability objectives.
– Organizing, developing, animating and managing networks of business partners (banks, asset managers, family offices, brokers and others).
– Training, animating and providing ad hoc technical support for partners.
– Assisting our partners in the signing process of life insurance contracts.
– Respecting constraints imposed by the company on prospecting, commercial practices and against money laundering.
– Managing commercial delegations and technical derogations.
– Participating in the preparation of commercial and marketing documents in collaboration with the marketing, technical and legal departments.
– Achieving a target number of case resolutions and analysis of changed legislation in the concerned markets.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
– Master’s degree or equivalent (knowledge in business, economics and / or finance are considered as a plus).
– At least 10 years’ experience in a similar function as a sales manager or country manager on Belgian market in life insurance/private banking sectors.
– Good knowledge of banking, investment and a network of institutional partners in Belgium and other European markets.
– Strategic/institutional sales capabilities: being able to explain and “sell” the strategy and translate it to the business model and challenges of the partner. High level account management with leadership of the Bank or Intermediary.
– Practical sales and account management capabilities: translating the strategy into practice and ability to train, guide and motivate the sales force of the bank or intermediary to stimulate the sales.
– Long-term view and understanding of the developments in the insurance sector: Innovation, digitization, margins, efficiency, client/partner trends: strong ability to integrate/translate these in our model and continuously improve our solution.
– Open minded, collaborative and solution-oriented approach: you need to improve the model continuously in close collaboration (and with input from) our partners.
– Ability to guide and collaborate closely with our key internal stakeholders: IT, Legal, product, client services/operations, …
– Less short-term case oriented, more mid-term model oriented.
– Experience and sincere interest in innovation, digitization and efficiency to improve the client and partner experience.
– Good communication skills and a good team player.
– Fluent in Dutch, English and French, any additional language is a plus.
– Excellent command of MS Office tools.
Our client is a prestigious life insurance company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.