This is a great opportunity to join the Manco of a large US Asset Manager. They are currently seeking to recruit a high caliber, highly motivated individual to play an important role in their Fund Control department. The successful candidate will be part of a team, located between Luxembourg and London but will engage with all operational teams globally. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Fund performance monitoring across Australia, Singapore, Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman fund domiciles
- Assist the team to enhance the framework for NAV oversight, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis to allow management to access the integrity of the NAV production process
- Oversee fund distributions, including correct treatment of income equalization
- Oversee performance fee calculations
- Manage other recurring deliverables such as coordination of VAG reporting, review of repo calculations etc.
- Assist with management of fund events such as fund launches/closures/AIKs
- Assist with management of external vendors such as review and maintenance of SLAs, review of monthly management reporting etc.
- Support the team by attending cross functional meetings to provide operational expertise and recommendations
- Assist with identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Fund Control function
- Contribute to team wide projects as required
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- 3-5 years of experience working in the funds industry. Ideally this will include a background in UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe;
- Experience in fund accounting, either in an asset manager or service provider environment
- Ideally be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software, Excel, VBA and/or Access;
- Be able to synthesize information quickly;
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude, self-starter.
- Fluency in English is required.
Our client is a prestigious investment management firm
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.