LEGAL ENTITY AND GOVERNANCE MANAGER (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting, on behalf of an American multinational Company, having their financial centre based in Luxembourg, a Legal manager to take care of the corporate governance of their EMEA based 35+ companies across 32 jurisdictions. This newly created position will include day to day legal entity management support. Being part of a team of ten EMEA legal counsels, based in the UK and Moscow, the legal manager will report to the VP Legal, EMEA working from the UK.
– Liaising with key stakeholders in EMEA legal, Corporate legal, EMEA Controllership, Corporate treasury and with the EMEA entities as to the provision and collation of entity information and documents;
– Identifying and flagging any obvious gaps/filings requirements/missing documents and remedying the same;
– Liaising with external law firms as and when local corporate documents are required and/or specific legal advice is required;
– Organising and updating corporate entity information on an entity by entity basis and utilising a new entity management system;
– Supporting EMEA legal entities on legal entity changes and updates, including but not limited to, director changes, filings, minutes, board meetings, dividend payments, resolutions, arranging translations, changes to company constitutions, execution of documents and management of POAs;
– Assisting preparation for a transition of responsibilities from Controllership to EMEA legal and implementation of the same going forward;
– Liaising with Corporate Legal in Los Angeles to ensure appropriate governance of entities within EMEA and supporting with policy and training within EMEA;
– Monitoring local legal entity requirements and advising on changes of the same on at least a quarterly basis, and providing updates to the VP Legal, EMEA and Director, Counsel, Subsidiary Governance.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
– Experience of dealing with legal entity secretarial and governance requirements. Ideally, a minimum of five years’ experience gained in a law firm or in-house legal department or at a relevant company secretarial services provider;
– A relevant legal or company secretarial qualification is essential;
– Uses core knowledge of how corporate entities operate to identify, collate and manage corporate secretarial legal information;
– Able to escalate issues, where required;
– Can present information and data on a clear and structured manner;
– Will liaise with external counsel and be focused in identifying needs/seeking answers;
– Able to monitor legal and governance developments and updates in law and practice;
– Comfort to operate in written and oral English, albeit it does not need to be the native language;
– Strong ethics and a desire to lead with and follow best practice;
– Ability to be proactive and work autonomously;
– Ability and tenacity to drive projects forward and able to follow-up and chase to keep projects on time
– Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders at all levels and prepared to cover multiple jurisdictions in different time zones;
– Relationship focused and a strong communicator, both verbal and written;
– Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity;
– Capability of prioritizing and manage a busy and varied workload;
– Able to be highly organized and structured in managing large volume of information;
– Strong team ethic and collaborative in nature and ability to function as an effective team member; and
– Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
Our client is an American multinational Company, with their financial centre based in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.