SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT – PERE (M/F)
The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate debt, real estate and private equity funds and other structures. S/He will liaise with CFOs and financial controllers and legal counsel at fund managers, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met.
Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, and transactions other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the Manager Fund Administration. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg private equity and real estate funds and other structures.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes for debt funds, real estate funds and private equity funds including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Preparation of statutory accounts of Luxembourg companies/funds investing in debt, real estate and private equity in accordance with IFRS and LUX GAAP.
- Consolidation of group of companies.
- Calculation of management fees/equalization charges and performance fees and interest of PPLs.
- Compilation and analysis of financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Dealing with year-end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Preparing and review Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
- Responsible for training and development of junior team members in the team through training and coaching.
- Review bank payments in various banking platforms and ensuring necessary supporting documents (including KYC documents) are obtained and attached for efficient review process.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- An understanding of Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within the real estate or private equity sector.
- Understanding the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by real estate and private equity managers.
- An understanding of the Fund structures in Luxembourg.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
Our client provides fund administration and AIFMD services to real estate and private equity clients.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.