SENIOR REAL ESTATE ACCOUNTANT (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting a Senior Accountant on behalf of a prestigious Real Estate Investment Trust. The person will be responsible for various accounting duties of the European operations in accordance with the appropriate GAAP. This includes accounting for Luxembourg, UK, and other legal entities owning real estate directly (and through joint ventures), and working within a team of accountants to help insure that the accounting is done timely and accurately.
THE JOB :
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for recording journal entries, assisting with annual accounts, VAT returns, etc. related to each legal entity when required. Working with deadlines is an important part of this role in order to deliver the trial balances to the US accounting team in a timely manner to meet monthly reporting deadlines, which are driven by SEC reporting deadlines. This job will also back up the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash functions. Fixed asset accounting may also be required with this position.
- Record monthly rent charges, intercompany and third party interest accruals, and other journal entries, and prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Review leases, loan documents, and other legal documents to determine proper accounting treatment under the appropriate GAAP.
- Identify need for new property and account set up in our accounting system.
- Assist in making sure that all invoices are recorded within our Yardi accounting system and cash disbursements are processed in our online banking system in a timely manner.
- Assist with creation of invoices for receivables, including rent invoices and other billings, and record all cash receipts within our accounting system.
- Monitor bank accounts on a daily basis to ensure cash is being managed properly.
- Potentially maintain Fixed Asset System and update for any additions, purchase price allocation updates, etc.
- Follow our existing accounting policies and control framework as outlined in our existing corporate Sox documentation.
- Identify all accounting needs for the Luxembourg entities including timely payment of invoices and journal entries needed to ensure that the financial statements are in accordance with the appropriate GAAP.
- Work closely with the Tax Director to ensure that all tax deadlines are met, and all tax related tasks are completed.
- Work closely with U.S. International team to ensure that all monthly reporting deadlines are met.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance;
- CPA/ Chartered Accountant designation preferred;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization;
- Experience in supervising others;
- Strong analytical, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent level in English is required; other European languages are considered an advantage.
THE CLIENT :
Our client is a large real estate firm, with their small office located in Luxembourg city.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested