STAFF FUND CONTROLLER (M/F)
- Based in Luxembourg, the Staff Fund Controller will report to the Fund Accounting Controller and will assist with the management and controlling of a portfolio of companies including Luxembourg Funds and SPVs.
- Assisting with the review process of financial reports (monthly / quarterly / annual) using IFRS for European group companies located in multiple jurisdictions with the assistance of local asset management teams and third-party service providers;
- Participating in overseeing the annual budgeting process for the companies;
- Liaising with External Auditors and completing all necessary reporting and investigation associated with financial reports and address any issues or auditor’s recommendations raised;
- Supporting company staff and external advisors in various projects such as Real Estate purchase and disposal transactions (predominantly in Germany), cash flow projections for investment and working capital needs, preparation of capital calls and distributions, amongst other ad hoc needs;
- Assist on corporate and accounting related matters for a German Real Estate service company
- Preparing routine documentation in relation to the Fund’s financing process, essentially bank loan drawdowns, debt summaries and intercompany loan tracking overviews;
- Monitoring and assist with standard regulatory and administrative requirements of the portfolio;
- Following-up with service providers regarding any issues raised until resolution;
- Support invoice approval and payment process.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- 2-3 years’ experience within fund accounting, fund controlling or audit;
- Experience in dealing with Real Estate Funds is a strong advantage;
- Solid analytical skills;
- Problem solving oriented approach;
- Ability to work independently and proactively when necessary, but must always be a team player;
- Strong work ethic;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English. (German language skills are considered an asset);
- Proficiency in MS Office tools;
- Knowledge of IFRS/ Lux Gaap.
Our client is a large Real Estate fund, operating out of Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.