VICE PRESIDENT REPORTING & CONSOLIDATION – REAL ESTATE (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting a Vice President Reporting & Consolidation Real Estate (M/F) on behalf of one of our clients, a prestigious US real estate investment firm. As a Vice President, your role will involve the preparation of high quality financial reporting for an open ended European Real Estate Fund.
THE JOB :
Your main responsibilities will include :
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Responsible for all Group statutory and contractual financial reporting obligations including drafting of annual and semi-annual primary financial statements and notes to financial statements prepared under IFRS and/or Lux GAAP;
- Prepare quarterly consolidations/combinations for the Group’s diverse investment portfolio, domiciled across Europe in regulated and unregulated vehicles;
- Provide accounting guidance and support to internal and external finance teams with intra-GAAP conversions, purchase price allocation entries and other material transactional activity;
- Review property and portfolio financial statements and ensure consistent application of accounting policies;
- Monitor internal controls;
- Manage the process of preparation of IFRS and/or Lux GAAP consolidated and/or stand-alone financial statements (or other basis of accounting) for the Luxembourg domiciled holding companies;
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and quarterly closes and review of accounting records;
- Be the key point of contact for all reporting queries from the Company’s finance teams;
- Responsible for coordinating Group and local audits;
- Liaising with tax and legal consultants;
- Assist with calculation of quarter-end and intra quarter NAV and reconciling to industry standard methodology;
- Responsible for delivery of Group lender covenant and Rating Agencies deliveries;
- Coordinate requests in connection with the monthly and quarterly Fund valuations or ad-hoc investor reporting;
- Oversee investment distributions and liquidity management and work closely with internal treasury and tax departments;
- Review income component of Time Weighted Return calculations and any other investment management reporting metrics;
- Provide Group tax reporting for the US parent;
- Oversight of complex intercompany accounting;
- Review and oversee quarterly board slides preparation.
- Participate on the accounting committee and determine best practices and group policies and educate the internal and external teams;
- Providing financial reporting advice during new acquisition onboarding;
- Provide ongoing coaching and training to the direct reports;
- Ad hoc project work.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- 10+ years’ experience of financial reporting in accordance with a major accounting framework (IFRS, US GAAP);
- In-depth knowledge of real estate and real estate investment products (open-end and regulated funds is a plus) and capital markets;
- Expert group reporting skills including combinations, consolidations and investment company accounting;
- Strong familiarity with major European GAAPs (Luxembourg, German, French, UK, etc.) and GAAP to GAAP differences;
- Excellent understanding of the reporting of Funds of Funds and liquid investments;
- Proven track record of implementing efficient internal controls;
- Affinity for independent accounting research and experience drafting and interpreting accounting policies;
- Expert reviewer skills with a superior attention to details;
- Solid understanding of fund, property and SPV accounting;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Fluent in English – any other major European languages are an advantage;
- Professional accounting qualification;
- Familiarity with INREV, NCREIF and ESG reporting guidelines is an advantage;
- PROFICIENT USER of MS Office standard applications, experience with Yardi is beneficial but not essential;
- Ability to thrive in a growth environment, adapt to changing circumstances and work autonomously;
- Able to prioritize on a daily basis and managing several competing deadlines.
THE CLIENT :
Our client is a leading US real estate investment firm.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.