ALTERNATIVE FUND OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (M/F)
Reporting directly to the Conducting Officer in charge of delegates oversight, this role will support the Conducting Officer in the monitoring of the required delegated activities of the AIFM, in line with the provisions of CSSF regulation. The role will also be responsible for assisting the Conducting Officer to oversee the Finance function and assistance on the valuation function.
The successful candidate will work with the team in Luxembourg, and in the wider Fund operations team whilst forming close and constructive relationships internally and externally.
- Ensuring the day-to-day oversight controls are implemented on delegated duties for the AIFs under management
- Identifying and ensuring that all issues have been reported or escalated and measuring progress on the remediation plans at delegate level.
- Assist in the Valuation Committee Process
- Contributing in the initial and ongoing due-diligence process over delegates and monitoring KPIs
- Providing the Conducting Officers with appropriate level of Management Information including written oversight reports.
- Assisting in the Fund onboarding process and any project which involves the appointment of a new delegate, including coordination with the Groupwide operations team.
- Assisting in completing due diligence questionnaires received from third parties
- Coordinating with the Risk and Compliance function to notify and document risk events.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- 5+ years’ experience in either a fund management company or an audit/consulting firm
- Analytical/audit skills, knowledge of controls and processes within accounting, administration, transfer agent and depositary
- Strong report writing skills.
- Good communication skills and relationship building
- Fluent English is essential, a working knowledge of French or German is desirable.
- BA/BSc in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Admin or similar is desirable
- Experience in fund operations and/or oversight or monitoring is desirable.
Our client is an alternatives asset manager based in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.