ASSOCIATE CORPORATE COUNSEL (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is delighted to represent its client, one of the largest asset managers globally, in its search for a Associate Corporate Counsel in Luxembourg.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic legal team member determined to contribute to high service standards and the continuing growth of the company, including its development in the alternative space. As legal counsel, you will oversee the legal and regulatory matters relating to the investment activities of UCITS as well as alternative investment funds, corporate and contractual matters, set up of investment vehicles, international private law matters as well as legal questions related to our client’s products, funds and entities.
Ongoing responsibilities of the candidate:
– Negotiate, draft and review contracts and other legal documents in English.
– Coordinate legal tasks in relation with structuring of fund investment, including corporate and regulatory matters.
– Working with local law firms to provide practical legal advice and assist with decision making process.
– Follow legal and regulatory development to advise business on actions required to comply with European and local rules and regulations.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
– At least a 4 years Law degree. A bar qualification would be a plus.
– Proven experience in an international multilingual environment (experience in a law firm is an advantage).
– Knowledge of asset management legal and regulatory environment would be an advantage.
– You have a good understanding of AIF and UCITS funds with the ability to work with external legal counsel on fund setup and other regulatory and fund related matters.
– Fluent in English (oral and writing).
– Ability to work within a team environment and good communication skills.
– Excellent organisational skills and ability to assist people located in other jurisdictions.
– Accountability, Judgement and Decision Making.
Our client is one of the largest asset managers globally.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.