HEAD OF OPERATIONS – INSURANCE SECTOR (M/F)
We are delighted to support this insurance company in the recruitment of their HEAD OF OPERATIONS for their Luxembourg office. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to join a diverse and inclusive team based in Luxembourg, and to work in an international and informal environment.
As Head of Operations reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you’ll be a member of the Management Committee and responsible for the excellence and delivery in the Operations space. You will play a significant role driving change and transformation and be a key sponsor of the business strategy and will ensure the implementation of the business plan and strategy. You will be leading a large team providing a broad range of high-quality support in the area of Operations, Change Management, Complaints Management, Internal/External Supplier Management, as well as operational risks.
With the support of other members of the Management Committee and specialists colleagues in the UK, you will act as a first line of defence and be expected to ensure the company complies on a continuous basis with all legal, regulatory and mandatory requirements, as well as CAA expectations.
As Head of Operations, you will:
• Be the overall owner of the management of the Operations Function and accountable for the delivery of operations and the general operating model of the company in order to support client service requirements and ensuring cost-effective quality solutions are in place.
• Contribute to the development of a culture that demonstrates our values and risk awareness, meets and exceeds our goals for treating customers fairly and facilitates the delivery of customer, shareholder and colleague objectives.
• Act as first line of defence and ensure the company’s compliance with legal-regulatory and prudential requirements.
• Take strategic direction and lead the execution for the Operations function by effectively leading a large team.
• Collaborate effectively with all Management Committee in performing your functions
• Report to the Management Committee and Board on all customer & conducts as well as operations issues identified, recommending solutions and associated implementation schedules.
• Design remedial actions, and ensure effective implementation, in collaboration with other members of the company, while ensuring an appropriate balance between profitability and risk (proportionality principle) and promoting the optimum / efficient use of Group resources.
• Where necessary, liaise with the Compliance Officer and Chief Risk Officer and be involved in meetings with competent authorities regarding compliance, AML/CTF and data protection issues.
• Take responsibility for setting and managing area budgets so that they align with organisational strategy.
• Manage relationships with strategic internal customers and material internal/external suppliers and act as their business partner, while using support teams to ensure their satisfaction and exercise relevant oversight.
• Provide input into the development of compliance policies, develop underlying procedures and monitor their implementation for area of responsibility within the company.
• Take responsibility to formally grow capabilities within the Operations function, while personally investing in the growth of own and others’ capabilities elsewhere in the group through mentoring and other informal methods.
• Take responsibility for developing and delivering change management plans and achieving outcomes that support the company’s overall strategy.
• Engage with senior business leaders to understand long-term strategic challenges.
• Contribute to development of the strategy to achieve medium term business needs by anticipating complex issues, challenges and opportunities and ensure implementation and execution of the strategy.
• Provide integrated long-term solutions and strategies to improve operational efficiency and support the execution of business strategy.
• Monitor and manage a wide range of activities performed by the Operations team ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by liaising with all internal risk management functions while supporting the development and implementation of the compliance policy.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Minimum 10 years of leadership experience within Operations or similar process related functions of which at least 5 in insurance activities in Luxembourg.
• Master degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance or similar fields.
• In depth knowledge of products, processes and controls within the insurance sector and general knowledge of the financial markets.
• Very good understanding of European and Luxembourg insurance legal and regulatory frameworks (more specifically in AML/CTF, Financial Sanctions, Distribution Oversight and Data Protection / GDPR areas), as well as Solvency II requirements.
• Experience in servicing clients on a cross-border basis.
• Change management experience.
• Fluent in French and English. A solid knowledge in German is considered as a strong advantage. Luxembourgish or Italian is a plus.
• At ease with standard MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and Adobe tools, willingness to learn and use more specific IT tools.
• Solid organization and project management skills.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills, able to coach and develop others, and manage complex and sensitive situations.
• Open minded, able to demonstrate key behavioural capabilities including teamwork, ownership, agility, proactivity, strategic thinking and innovation.
Our client is a highly renowned UK financial services group.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.