SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR (M/F)
The Senior Auditor will assist the Chief Internal Auditor and the Audit Manager who provides the entities with a systematic independent review and evaluation on how the internal control systems are performing, and the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management framework.
- Manage individual audit assignments from the planning, fieldwork, and deliver high quality findings and recommendations.
- Interact professionally with senior management in private banking and support functions.
- Identify areas for improvement in controls and identify when regulations are not properly implemented.
- Apply sound audit techniques and be able to document conclusions clearly and accurately.
- Review the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, and business objectives.
- Discuss audit findings with Management; ensure the audit working papers meet ASD quality standards and draft audit findings and reports in English.
- Coordinate and interact with the members of the ASD audit team globally in a respectful way and provide support when appropriate.
- Assist in the follow up on the status of significant actions taken by the Management in implementing the audit recommendations.
- Participate in ad hoc investigations or reviews requested by the Audit Committee and Management.
- As time permit, work on other group assignments (outside Luxembourg).
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- At least 5 years’ audit in Big 4 environment or internal audit function of major European private Banks
- A university degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- Relevant professional designation (CIA, CA, CPA or equivalent). Any additional relevant professional designation is considered as an advantage.
- Fluency with CSSF regulations applicable to private banking and wealth management, asset management, and fund business.
- A good understanding of the private banking activities and products including portfolio management.
- A good understanding of internal auditing professional standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Familiarity with IT systems and MS Office applications, knowledge of portfolio management applications will be a plus.
- Flexibility to travel up to 20 % (travel assignments are generally for 2 weeks in Europe).
- English proficiency (French, German and other European languages are a plus)
Our client is a large private bank based in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.