SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, IN-HOUSE REAL ESTATE FUND – GERMAN/ENGLISH SPEAKER (M/F)
Based in Luxembourg, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for assistance in management of a portfolio of companies with reviewing the monthly/quarterly/annual financial and tax information and helping coordinate with the completion and submission of tax and financial reporting.
• Assist with relevant tax (mainly German and Luxembourgish VAT returns) and statutory reporting with the support of third-party service providers;
• Provide ad-hoc and quarterly deliverables to key third party service providers for completion of financial reports;
• Reviewing financial reports (monthly / Quarterly / annual) using IFRS produced by third-party service providers;
• Liaising with external auditors and completing investigation associated with financial reports and address any issues raised within the Financials Statements;
• Act as the liaison point for third-party matters (auditors, tax consultants, etc.) and be available to personnel within the relevant business areas to answer and any ad hoc questions or follow-up on matters with the appropriate service;
• Working along with other company staff and external advisors in transactions involving the purchase and sale of Real Estate Assets;
• Assist with cash management including intercompany financing;
• Provide help in completing internal reporting to executive team;
• Support with the incorporation and setup of new entities.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required in Finance or Accounting.
• Minimum of 2 years experience within Fund Accounting Industry or Public accounting firm.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English and German.
• Experience in dealing with Real Estate Funds is a strong advantage.
• Solid analytical skills and problem-solving oriented approach.
• Ability to work independently and proactively when necessary, but must always be a team player.
• General knowledge of VAT and/or other areas of tax
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
• Knowledge of IFRS/ Lux GAAP / US GAAP is an asset.
Our client is a real estate investment fund based in Luxembourg.Our client is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.