INTERNAL AUDITOR (M/F)
This is a great opportunity to join a mutlinational company with business in various industries (telecommunication, retail, infrastructure, ports).
This group is responsible for providing in-house services to executives of the global conglomerate with core businesses in: Mobile Telecommunications; Health & Retail; Ports and Infrastructure. The services range from financial, IT/technical and operational audits, to ad hoc consultancy work. The group comprises of teams in Hong Kong (head office), and satellite teams in London and US. It is establishing a Luxembourg team in 2020, which will work together with the London team on assignments.
Geographically the London and Luxembourg teams focus on Group companies based in UK/Europe, although some work is also undertaken from time to time further afield (e.g. Middle East). In addition, the Europe team occasionally work with our sister team that is based in Hong Kong on audits in Asia, and therefore an ability (and sensitivity) to work with Asian cultures is important. Reporting to the Group Finance Director and Audit Committees in Hong Kong, the team comprises professionals from audit, finance, IT and operational backgrounds.
Dealing with both business units and corporate contacts day to day, successful recruits will need strong interpersonal skills, ambition and a confident manner. Individuals will need to ensure that they are self-motivated so that they can manage themselves between assignments if and when peaks in workload subside. As a department that serves and mixes with other corporate departments as well as with operating business units, individuals are ‘ambassadors’ for the Group, and therefore need to act with professionalism.
The group reviews typically last from 1 to 3 weeks of fieldwork depending on the assignment type and complexity; audit team size ranges from 2 up to around 8 depending on the assignment, which may range from a complete audit of a small start-up through to the audit of one or more processes of a large and mature organisation. Our audit scopes can cover either financial and/or operational areas (e.g. warehouse and logistics, telecom credit and fraud operations, billing and revenue assurance, IT/cyber security, stock management, store operations, procurement etc) – this variety requires our team to develop a wide ranging knowledge across several industry sectors and process areas, and so in depth planning and preparation is needed for each assignment. Our audit style requires our team to dig deep into the process area(s) being audited, so that root causes are identified. As a business partner of this diverse Group, this team delivers objective analysis and commercially viable recommendations to management.
The international nature of the Group means that the Senior Officer audit role may require around 40% international travel outside of Luxembourg. Business English is required up to a decent standard, though we provide training support to polish and develop this where needed.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor degree in a financial field such as accounting, financial management, or business administration;
- Work experience – 3 years’ external or internal audit experience from a Big4 or similar employer;
- Financial analysis or business consulting experience – nice to have;
- A qualification from a recognized professional body (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CISA, CFA) – nice to have;
- Reporting into a Group Manager for each assignment, successful candidates will undertake internal audits end to end from planning, to fieldwork to reporting;
- Responsibilities will undertake a variety of operational and financial audits in a team player role with colleagues from London (and sometimes Hong Kong) office. Undertakes tasks including data analysis (Excel), process investigation and documentation;
- Is able to follow instructions independently, and document their audit work effectively, meeting deadlines. Applies a reasonable risk and internal controls knowledge base;
- Able to deal professionally and effectively with client staff;
- Attributes – Is proactive, exhibits a ‘can-do’ attitude, always striving to develop, and starts taking on more responsibility and complexity. Remains professional at all times. Contributes to establishing a team environment within the department.
Our client is a large conglomerate
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.